Retail task management is the process of managing tasks including priority, due date, granular distribution to selected recipients (typically store management), tracking and reporting. Task management helps retail brands achieve specific goals through the distribution of actionable and trackable requests.
Key Functions of Retail Task Management software
Retail Task Management software needs to:
- Allow users to create and assign tasks quickly and easily. Creating a task should take a few seconds and be entirely controlled by the task creator, subject to his/her seniority and store affiliation in the store list.
- Allow users to assign tasks to anyone on their team. For example, a Director of Operations should be able to assign tasks to one, some or all his/her District Managers. A District Manager should be able to assign tasks to one, some or all his/her owners, franchisees and managers or for that matter…himself/herself!
- Allow task creation, assignment, monitoring and reporting to be available to all. Control access by the organizational hierarchy and store list.
- Be platform and device agnostic. Users should be able to view and complete tasks on the web, the mobile or by email, any time, from anywhere.
- Allow the task creator to instantly view who has completed the task, when it was completed, with verification photos, all in real time.
The right retail task management software makes all the difference. Paper checklists and email are not enough. They do not give retailers a centralized place for all tasks. Paper checklists and email also do not allow real-time tracking of task completion across all stores.
Instead, choose a solution that allows you to assign tasks to specific recipients for any store need. Most importantly, find a solution that helps your team do their jobs and puts all the information they need in one place to execute faster: directives, photos, and supporting documents.
Want to learn more about retail task management? See our guide:
OTHER RETAIL TASK MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
Refer to the Retail Task Management category for how-tos and best practices for retail and hospitality task management.