Use this sample Drive-thru Checklist to create or update your drive-thru inspection program across your retail locations.
You can pick-up dinner, grab a coffee, do your banking and, at least in Las Vegas…get married all at the drive-thru! Customers value the convenience and speed of service of drive-thrus. Below, a list of criteria for auditing drive-thrus and making sure your guests always have a positive experience.
- Is the drive-thru lane easily located and clearly marked?
- Are the painted drive-thru lane arrows easily visible and clearly marked?
- Do the lights automatically come on after dusk and the lane well lit?
- Is all lane lighting in good working order?
- The drive-thru lane free of litter?
- Is a garbage container available prior to driving up to the menu boards?
- Are the garbage containers in good condition and not overflowing?
- Is the garbage can easy to access without getting out of the car?
- The drive-thru lane free of graffiti?
- Is the drive-thru lane free of damage to curbing?
- The drive-thru landscaping free from trash?
- Is the drive-thru landscaping free from dead plants and/or shrubs?
Drive-thru menu boards/signs
- Drive-thru menu boards/signs and speaker posts are clean and in good condition?
- Menu boards/signs and speaker free from dirt and mildew?
- All drive-thru menu boards/signs and speaker are free from obvious cracks or damaged lenses?
- Are all drive-thru menu boards/signs and speaker free from visible tape and/or stickers?
- Drive-thru menu boards/signs and speaker are free from handwritten signs?
- Is the menu board well lit?
- Are the menu board pictures well-presented and not faded?
- The speaker is free from obvious visible damage?
- Pickup window is clean and the area free of handwritten signs?
- Is the pickup window clean?
- All employees at the drive-thru window(s) appear presentable and in proper uniform?
- Are all employees at the drive-thru window(s) wearing a name tag?
- The pickup window cashier organized and efficient?
- Are you greeted politely, within 5 seconds after you stopped at the menu board speaker?
- At the speaker, are you offered an additional item and told about the current promotion?
- Is the cashier repeating your order to confirm?
- Once the order is confirmed, is the cashier giving you the total?
- After being given the total, are you asked to drive around to the window?
- At the pickup window, is the cashier smiling and repeating the correct total?
- Did you receive your order within 120 seconds of stopping at the pick-up window?
- How long did it take for you to receive your order? Minutes: ___ Seconds: ___
- You are sincerely thanked when you were handed your order?
- Are each items of your order in the correct packaging?
- Napkins included with your order?
- Is a receipt included with your order?
- The order is free from spills and leaks?
- Is the order 100% accurate?
If you are looking for checklists to manage your operations and brand standards, you have two options.
- Register for a free trial of Bindy and get access to a library of professionally vetted public forms you can use to audit your locations in seconds.
- Refer to our checklists category of more than 33 checklists to manage every aspect of your operations.