As movie theaters welcome guests post COVID-19, it is critical to have flawless execution of the guest experience. Cleanliness and sanitation are front and center in consumers’ minds.
Movie Theater Parking Area
- Ensure parking entrance has appropriate signage.
- Clear away any debris from parking areas. Check lot after peak periods. Remove and empty trash.
- See that parking lines and directional arrows are legible.
- Inspect lighting. See that all lighting is working and there are no dark corners.
- Ensure there are clearly marked pedestrian walkways.
- Clearly mark handicapped parking spaces.
- Keep all fire lanes clear.
- See that pickup and drop off areas are safety moving during peak periods.
- Check daily for unauthorized vehicles.
Movie Theater Exterior
- Ensure theater name signage is lit and visible to passing cars and pedestrians.
- Inspect coming soon and now showing posters. They should be in good repair, no vandalism. Replace any burnt out bulbs.
- Examine flower bed, containers, and landscaping to make sure it is neat and free from garbage, dead plants, and overgrown areas.
- Ensure building is well lit from all sides.
- Check that all emergency exits, landings, and steps from the building are marked, unblocked, and kept in good condition.
- Make certain fire department connections are kept clear, accessible, and have caps.
- In winter, clear roof area over entrances/exits from falling ices/snow hazards.
- Empty garbage containers. Ensure containers are in good repair. Wipe any smudges and dirt.
For more, see this sample Exterior Area Checklist.
Movie Theater Entrance and Lobby
- Wipe entrance way glass and doors to remove dirt and smudges. Dust window ledges.
- Sanitize door touchpoints regularly.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop entrance and lobby floors after peak periods.
- Keep vacuum and mop bucket on hand for spot cleaning as needed. Keep both out of customer sight.
- Empty lobby garbage and spot clean exterior of garbage bins.
Ticket Counter and Automated Ticket Machines
- Wipe and tidy counter. Remove employee personal effects.
- Regularly sanitize surfaces including POS.
- Use dust cloth for monitors and keyboards.
- Sanitize touchpoints for self-serve ticket machines. Use dust cloth for screens.
Movie Theater Concessions
- Vacuum/mop area in front of concession after peak periods.
- Regularly sanitize all surfaces including counters, POS, shared serving equipment, food prep areas, and dispenser handles.
- Wipe down soda machines to avoid build up or residue.
- Remove smudges and clean all glass including snack displays.
- Check dispensers for build-up and regularly sanitize.
- Follow first in, first out for all food rotation.
- Check food holding temperatures.
- Regularly check refrigerator temperatures.
- Review food expiration dates daily.
- Dust and sanitize cup, lid, and other holders.
- Ensure hand washing area is stocked with soap and sanitizer.
- Use gloves or utensils to handle ready to eat food.
- Ensure employees are trained on food safety and food handling.
Movie Theater Condiment Bars
- Assign one staff member per shift to be responsible for restocking and spot cleaning condiment bar.
- During peak periods, check condiment bar every 10 minutes.
- Wipe down and sanitize all surfaces and shared dispenser handles.
- Empty garbage.
- Restock condiments and napkins.
- Check seats, under seats and aisles for debris.
- Spot clean/sanitize seats, arm rests, cup holders.
- Empty garbage and spot clean garbage bin exterior.
- Sweep/vacuum/spot mop floors and carpets. Check for spills and clean accordingly.
- Wipe interior and exterior of auditorium doors. Sanitize touchpoints.
Movie Theater Washrooms
- Check lighting and replace any burnt out bulbs.
- Clean and sanitize toilet seats, bowls, and stall walls and doors.
- Wipe down and sanitize counters and sinks.
- Refill toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and hand sanitizer.
- Check restrooms before and after peak periods.
If you are looking for checklists to manage your operations and brand standards, you have two options.