Use this checklist to ensure the restrooms at your hotel, restaurant or commercial facility remain clean and healthy for customers and staff.
To ensure your restrooms function properly and are pleasant for customers, also refer to the Washrooms Inspection Checklist.
A good checklist needs a good workflow
- Protective equipment worn, including gloves and goggles where spraying is involved.
- Wet Floor signs placed inside and outside restrooms and visible to customers.
- All vents dusted.
- All trash receptacles emptied and pail liners replaced.
- Toilet paper dispenser(s) restocked as needed.
- Paper towel dispenser(s) restocked as needed.
- Soap dispensers refilled as needed.
- Sinks scrubbed and all smudges, buildup, and other marks removed.
- Faucets wiped and polished.
- Mirrors wiped and all smudges, fingerprints, water stains, soap buildup, and other marks removed.
- Countertops cleaned and all smudges, fingerprints, water stains, soap buildup, and other marks removed.
- All flat surfaces wiped with a cleaning/disinfecting solution.
- Toilets and urinals flushed to ensure they are working.
- Toilet bowls and urinals pre-treated with cleaner for one to two minutes before inside cleaning.
- Toilets and urinals exteriors cleaned.
- Walls and stalls spot cleaned, visible soils and stains removed.
- Knobs and other fixtures cleaned and disinfected.
- Floors swept. Debris disposed of.
- Floors mopped, starting from the from the back of the restroom, and moving toward the door.
- Vending machines restocked as needed.
- All equipment, materials, and supplies returned to the storage area.
- All equipment cleaned and maintained before being returned to storage.
- Restroom area checked for dryness before wet floor signs removed.
- Photograph taken and loaded to Bindy.
OTHER health and safety RESOURCES
Refer to the Health and Safety category for checklists, how-tos and best practices for health and safety.
If you are looking for checklists to manage your operations and brand standards, you have two options.