We know you have a lot to do to reopen stores and relaunch your operations. We also know you don’t have a lot of time. While you may be excited to reopen, you may feel overwhelmed by all the steps you need to take to do so safely. So we have put together this Store Reopening Resource Guide to give you quick access to helpful sources and expert best practice tips.
To begin, it can be helpful to follow the examples of others. Some major retailers are sharing their plans and best practices for reopening:
- Sharing What We’ve Learned: A Blueprint for Business by Kroger. This guide has insights, suggestions, and printable signage to help your navigate the path to reopening.
- Safe Retail by Target. The retailer shares ways to prioritize health and safety in response to the fast-changing conditions presented by COVID-19. This store reopening resource guide includes examples.
- The UPS Store has 6 pre-made signage templates in a variety of sizes for window posters, sidewalk boards, or counter messaging.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) authored several store reopening resources guides. Also, they have printable PDFs related to sanitation and safety:
- Reopening Guide for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Decision Tool
- Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting
Always confirm reopening timelines and procedures with your local governing authorities. The Nation Retail Federation (NFR) has a collection of links so retailers can access updated state information about COVID-19 by state.
The National Restaurant Association has put together a resource center for COVID-19 recovery and reopening. This includes FAQs, a food safety guide, and a store reopening guide. additionally, if you opt into their email list, you will receive automatic updates as COVID-19 reopening evolves.
The US Department of Labor and OSHA have comprehensive COVID-19 store reopening resource guides. Here, topics are broken down by industry, including control and prevention for retail. Importantly, resources are available in English and Spanish.
Finally, check out our recent blog, 8 Steps to Reopen Stores Successfully
OTHER HEALTH AND SAFETY RESOURCES
Refer to the Health and Safety category for checklists, how-tos and best practices for health and safety.